From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. Carl Schurz

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Your days of undermining God and His government are fast closing

I came across that line in a particularly nasty hate filled tirade by some zealot calling himself Gideon in the comment thread of one of Montreal Simon's entertaining posts. He said a lot of hateful vile things but that line stuck out for me.While the post in question was about Rob Ford I'm assuming that he was referring to Simon's favourite target, Harper.

It has been weighing on my mind for days now.The fact that he equates The Harper government with god isn't surprising, I like many have known for some time that people like Gideon exist and his comment merely substantiates that view,yet it does bother me. So much so that it keeps playing on a loop in my head, which is why I 'm writing this post, hoping by doing so I can exorcise it and all it's implications from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment