From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. Carl Schurz

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Victim Calls Dewar's Ruling Bullshit

Many people have been siding with the dishonourable Justice Dewar's contention that Kenneth Rhodes was a "clumsy Don Juan" who may have misunderstood what the victim wanted.Breaking her silence the victim says "That's bullshit,". "I did say no to him. I kept saying no. He knew that I didn't want sex."

Seems fairly clear to me,and should put to rest the notion that this was simply nothing more than a misunderstanding.

"I hope they appeal. I would like some justice. This is not real justice to me. It's a slap on the wrist," said the victim.

The victim,a single mother, having been put into a position where she felt compelled to defend herself because of Dewar's scurrilous comments also stated, "I wasn't dressed like a skank. I was like 20 years old, wearing a tube top. It was summer," .

She suffers from severe psychological trauma from the attack, including trust issues with men and a fear of being alone.

Instead of receiving a measure of closure from seeing her attacker appropriately punished and perhaps taking another step on the path towards her recovery, she has been re-victimized and seen her character impugned by Harper appointee Dewar.

No comments:

Post a Comment