From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. Carl Schurz

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Can't Take Much More Of This Shit

Testifying before the committee probing the contempt charges against the Cons,Vic Toews said that the documents that they dumped on the committee at the last moment were never secret. Of course that isn't what they have been saying for months now.The Globe may choose to call it a flip flop,however I'm not in as charitable a mood as they are today, so I'll call his statements what they are ,LIES.

The Harperites clearly think ( with some justification given the polls) that enough of us are stupid enough to fall for yet more of their never ending string of  lies. Just how contemptuous of the electorate and our democratic institutions  do they have to get before the 30 to 40 percent of Canadians that support them wake up.

I generally don't pay much attention to the polls, however the trending up of support for Harper  has become difficult to ignore. Every day brings at least one more scandal and/or example of incompetence or contempt on the part of the "Harper Government" yet their poll numbers remain solid. Today we find out that one of Harpers advisers is a convicted embezzler who was disbarred for stealing his clients money and is now under investigation for influence peddling. If everything holds true to form his poll numbers will likely improve.

I think that I am going to strangle the life out of the next fucker that says to my face that Harper is doing a good job, The satisfaction that I will get from that act of mercy ( my own) will be worth any punishment meted out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment